top of page

Where to Report and Get Help

The following resources are intended to connect consumers, families, and professionals to services/resources:

For immediate/emergency help, call 9-1-1

Ohio Adult Protective Services (APS) help vulnerable adults aged 60 and older who are in danger of harm, are unable to protect themselves, and may have no one to assist them.


The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) supervises the state’s APS program.


The county departments of job and family services receive and investigate reports of abuse, neglect, and exploitation of vulnerable adults and evaluate the need for protective services.


If you believe that an adult age 60 or older has suffered abuse, neglect, or exploitation, you may file a report by phone, mail, fax, or in person during agency hours – or you can call 855-OHIO-APS (1-855-644-6277) toll-free 24/7.


If you need to make a report, provide as much of the following information as possible:

  • Name, address, and approximate age of the person

  • Name and address of the person responsible for the victim’s care

  • The name and address of the alleged perpetrator, if different from the caretaker

  • The reason you suspect abuse, neglect, or exploitation

  • The nature and extent of the suspected abuse, neglect, or exploitation

  • Any other known information


An online portal is now available 24 hours a day to report suspected adult abuse, neglect, and exploitation that is not an emergency.  Go to: APS Online Reporting Form.


Contact your county Adult Protective Services agency, visit County Directory ( or the APS Fact Sheet.


For more information on Ohio Adult Protective Services visit Adult Protective Services | Office of Families and Children | Ohio Department of Job and Family Services


bottom of page